VeloCauseRider is a service organization that assist Members in their journey to raise funds or awareness, for their causes. It also allows, in certain circumstances, community members to communicate with each other. The services offered by VeloCauseRider (“VeloCauseRider” or “we”) include the VeloCauseRider website (the “VeloCauseRider Website”), the VeloCauseRider Internet messaging service, and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by VeloCauseRider in connection with the VeloCauseRider Website (collectively, the “VeloCauseRider Services”). The VeloCauseRider Services are hosted in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho USA.
VeloCauseRider may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by VeloCauseRider on the VeloCauseRider Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the VeloCauseRider Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
VeloCauseRider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the VeloCauseRider Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Eligibility Use of and Membership in the VeloCauseRider Services is void where prohibited. By using the VeloCauseRider Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful, full (no abbreviations), and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and (c) your use of the VeloCauseRider Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Term This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the VeloCauseRider Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s Account Settings page. VeloCauseRider may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
- Password When you sign up to become a Member, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify VeloCauseRider immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
- Non-commercial Use by Members The VeloCauseRider Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by VeloCauseRider. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the VeloCauseRider Services, including collecting usernames and/or e-mail addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited e-mail or unauthorized framing of or linking to the VeloCauseRider Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the VeloCauseRider Services.
- Proprietary Rights in Content on VeloCauseRider.
- The VeloCauseRider Services contain Content of VeloCauseRider (“VeloCauseRider Content”). VeloCauseRider Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and VeloCauseRider owns and retains all rights in the VeloCauseRider Content and the VeloCauseRider Services.
- The VeloCauseRider Services contain Content of Users and other VeloCauseRider licensors. You may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any content appearing on or through the VeloCauseRider Services.
- Content Posted
- VeloCauseRider may delete any communication or content that, in the sole judgment of VeloCauseRider, (a) violates this Agreement (b) may be offensive or illegal or (c) harms, threatens the safety of, or violates the rights of any person. VeloCauseRider assumes no responsibility for monitoring the VeloCauseRider Services for inappropriate communication, content or conduct. If at any time VeloCauseRider chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the VeloCauseRider Services, VeloCauseRider nonetheless assumes no responsibility for any communication or Content. VeloCauseRider has no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of any User submitting such Content.
- Private correspondence or Content is not necessarily reviewed by VeloCauseRider prior to posting and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of VeloCauseRider. VeloCauseRider makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
- Content/Activity Prohibited The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the VeloCauseRider Services. VeloCauseRider reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in VeloCauseRider’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the VeloCauseRider Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of VeloCauseRider:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or e-mail addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; or
- for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile;
- destructive criticism about other learners or any service in VeloCauseRider, or encouraging other users to such acts.
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the VeloCauseRider Website and through your use of the VeloCauseRider Services. VeloCauseRider reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in VeloCauseRider’s sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the VeloCauseRider Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk e-mail to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the VeloCauseRider Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, VeloCauseRider reserves the right to restrict the number of e-mails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which VeloCauseRider deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk e-mail, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the VeloCauseRider Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to VeloCauseRider, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay VeloCauseRider US$50 for each such unsolicited e-mail or other unsolicited communication you send through the VeloCauseRider Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any VeloCauseRider page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the VeloCauseRider Services or the networks or services connected to the VeloCauseRider Services. This includes marking any mail from VeloCauseRider as spam. You may unsubscribe from VeloCauseRider emails at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member’s Account Settings page;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the VeloCauseRider Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the VeloCauseRider Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose;
- using the VeloCauseRider Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Copyright Policy You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of VeloCauseRider to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to VeloCauseRider by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the VeloCauseRider Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the VeloCauseRider Services; (iv) your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; (v) a written statement by you that you have, in good faith, a belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. VeloCauseRider’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, MobileProManager.com, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA; Attn: Copyright Agent; and e-mail: copyrightagent@VeloCauseRider.com.
- Member Disputes You are solely responsible for your interactions with other VeloCauseRider Members. VeloCauseRider reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
Log Data: Our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”) created by your use of the Services. Log Data may include a non private personal information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, and search terms. Other actions, such as interactions with our website, applications and advertisements, may also be included in Log Data. If we haven’t already deleted the Log Data earlier, we will either delete it or remove any common account identifiers, such as your username, full IP address, or email address, after 18 months.
VeloCauseRider keeps Users’ records/logs and other information as required for legal and administrative purposes only.
Our Services are not directed to people under 13, without registered parental permission. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at privacy@VeloCauseRider.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
- Disclaimers VeloCauseRider is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the VeloCauseRider Website or in connection with the VeloCauseRider Services, whether caused by Users of the VeloCauseRider Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the VeloCauseRider Services. VeloCauseRider does not guarantee the efficacy of its learning content & material. Other provisions may be added to qualify the company’s liability to the presentation of effective quality education and training material. Profiles created and posted by Members on the VeloCauseRider Website may contain links to other websites. VeloCauseRider is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by VeloCauseRider. Inclusion of any linked website on the VeloCauseRider Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by VeloCauseRider. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. VeloCauseRider takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this VeloCauseRider Website or through the VeloCauseRider Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers. VeloCauseRider is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the VeloCauseRider Services. VeloCauseRider assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any User or Member communication. VeloCauseRider is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the VeloCauseRider Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the VeloCauseRider Services. Under no circumstances shall VeloCauseRider be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the VeloCauseRider Services, attendance at a VeloCauseRider event, from any Content posted on or through the VeloCauseRider Services, or from the conduct of any Users of the VeloCauseRider Services, whether online or offline. The VeloCauseRider Services are provided “AS-IS” and as available and VeloCauseRider expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. VeloCauseRider cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the VeloCauseRider Services.
- Limitation on Liability IN NO EVENT SHALL VeloCauseRider BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF VeloCauseRider HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, VeloCauseRider’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO VeloCauseRider FOR THE VeloCauseRider SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.VeloCauseRider do not authorize any third party to accept payments on behalf of VeloCauseRider for any VeloCauseRider Service. VeloCauseRider are not liable for any payments made to a third party by an VeloCauseRider Member.VeloCauseRider cannot provide a refund or exchange on the purchase of a PDF (Portable Document Format) certificate.
- Disputes If there is any dispute about or involving the VeloCauseRider Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in Ireland. Either VeloCauseRider or you may demand that any dispute between VeloCauseRider and you about or involving the VeloCauseRider Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Los Angeles, California, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent VeloCauseRider from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Indemnity You agree to indemnify and hold VeloCauseRider, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the VeloCauseRider Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the VeloCauseRider Website or through the VeloCauseRider Services causes VeloCauseRider to be liable to another.
- Information Collection and Use by VeloCauseRider VeloCauseRider collects user submitted information, such as name and e-mail address, to authenticate users and to send notifications to those users relating to the VeloCauseRider service. VeloCauseRider also collects other profile data including but not limited to: personal interests, gender, age, education and occupation.
- VeloCauseRider also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site. This data is used to manage the Website, track usage and improve the Website services. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to members. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes.
- User Profile information including members’ pictures and basic information including name, city and country outside that for use by the Group Administrator.
- We may also use a user’s e-mail address to send updates, newsletters or news regarding the Services. Users may choose not to receive e-mail of certain types by changing their “notification” setting to “Do not send me notification e-mails” in the user “Account Settings”. As a member, you must be willing to accept correspondences per quarter relating to the updating of your profile and reminding you of the status of your learning profile.
- Invitations and Other Communications to Non-members VeloCauseRider members can invite friends to join the service by sending invitation e-mails via our automated invitation system. VeloCauseRider does not sell these e-mail addresses or use them to send any other communication besides invitations and invitation reminders (up to three (3) per e-mail address). Recipients of invitations from VeloCauseRider may contact us to request the removal of their information from our database.
- Any organisation that wishes their members (employees, students, etc.) to take advantage of VeloCauseRider free-learning resources are welcome, at no charge, to link to the VeloCauseRider website. Such organisations are welcome to link to specific courses or course categories, or simply to the VeloCauseRider homepage.
- Chat Rooms, Journals and Web Logs, Message Boards, Classifieds and Public Forums Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post public information to Journals, Web Logs, Message Boards, Classifieds or any other Public Forums that that information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
- Correcting/Updating or Removing Information VeloCauseRider users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account and accessing features such as Edit Profile and Account Info.
- E-mail Choice/Opt-out All VeloCauseRider members will receive quarterly updates relating to their personal profile, their study profile and a summary of recently added new content on the VeloCauseRider Service. Members may opt out of more regular updates relating to the VeloCauseRider Newsletter, New Course releases and third party offers.
- Security VeloCauseRider member accounts are secured by member-created passwords; VeloCauseRider takes precautions to insure that member account information is kept private. We use reasonable measures to protect member information that is stored within our database, and we restrict access to member information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions, such as our customer service personnel and technical staff. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of member account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of member information at any time For any additional information about the security measures we use on VeloCauseRider, please contact us at privacy@VeloCauseRider.com.
- Sharing and Disclosure of Information VeloCauseRider Collects Except as otherwise described in this privacy statement, VeloCauseRider will not disclose personal information to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary:
- to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by VeloCauseRider, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
- Other This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the VeloCauseRider Website or any of the VeloCauseRider Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and VeloCauseRider regarding the use of the VeloCauseRider Services. The failure of VeloCauseRider to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. VeloCauseRider is a trademark of Capernaum Limited trading as Advance Learning. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.